[tor-dev] IDE for Tor?

Jesse V kernelcorn at riseup.net
Tue Dec 15 22:29:36 UTC 2015

Lain,

IDEs do exist in Linux and some people like them, but you'll find that
most people use a text editor and the command-line. The terminal is
almost exclusively Bash, but the choice of text editor is a very
personal choice and is the frequent source of debate and contention
amount Linux enthusiasts. The debate is about 35 years old with no clear
winner, so I doubt that it can be resolved here and few people like a
flamewar.

That said, I have enjoyed Sublime Text, but lately I've switched to
Kate, which is FOSS and works just as well, and I prefer it over vim and
Emacs. Of course, real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady
hand, but to each their own. :)