[tor-dev] Help me help you : )

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:20:24 UTC 2015

> On 8 Dec 2015, at 23:12, Lain Iwakura <lainiwakura at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Hello guys;
> My name is Lain, I'm from Brazil. only it's not my real name. :) And I
> love it.
> I identify a lot with the Tor project, and would like a simple guideline.
> I work with programming (Pascal) in the last five years, I want to
> contribute to developing the project. but do not know where to start,
> take that language, which would be more effective my acting. ...
> something that a veteran is tired of doing I could do, and learn from
> that expedite the work.
> Anyway, give me some tips.
>
> Hey! I am learning English for that. help me to be useful. :)

Hi Lain,

Thanks for volunteering to help out with Tor.

Tor uses a few programming languages:
* The core of Tor is written in C
* Pluggable Transports are written in Python, Go, C, …
* Tor Browser is written in C++, JavaScript, …
* and other projects use other languages.

If you can program in C, or write documentation, there are tasks in our bug tracker marked "easy".
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=needs_information&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~easy&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=needs_information&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~easy&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority>

Volunteers can do many different tasks:
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer <https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer>

Thanks again,

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F