[tor-dev] Feature freeze plans for Tor 0.2.7: Please read if you hack Tor!

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Wed Aug 19 15:40:21 UTC 2015

Hi, all!

Here's the schedule we worked out for the Tor 0.2.7 feature freeze.

(These are defaults, not promises.  We can make exceptions, but please
remember that delaying a freeze will delay release, and every day we
delay a release will delay all the _other_ features getting out into a
stable Tor. We've been aiming to speed up our release cycle, and this
represents the latest installment in that effort.)

Sep 1: Last day to merge (most) feature patches into 0.2.7. I'll make
an exception for small features that get permission in advance and
don't seem likely to endanger stability.

If you want to nominate a ticket as such a feature, **and you are
going to implement it**, please add the PostFreeze027 tag to it ASAP.
Make sure it's in before next week's dev meeting at the earliest.

Also please don't drop a huge branch on me on August 27 and expect me
to have it merged by Sep 1. :)

Sep 15: Last day to merge non-critical patches into 0.2.7.  After this
date, we won't accept any more features for 0.2.7. We also won't
accept most bugfixes: bugfixes will only be accepted for regressions,
security bugs, stability bugs, documentation, and typos.

When it's ready: we put out a stable 0.2.7.

peace,
--
Nick