[tor-dev] Draft Proposal: Random Number Generation During Tor Voting

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:42:09 UTC 2015

Another implementation note on directory caching of the SR doc:

I just noticed the following code in update_consensus_networkstatus_downloads():

for (i=0; i < N_CONSENSUS_FLAVORS; ++i) {
    /* XXXX need some way to download unknown flavors if we are caching. */

This means that any new consensus flavour will only be cached by new versions of Tor, and they will automatically cache it.

I don't think this is an issue for the SR doc - did we really want / need it cached at directory mirrors? (If not, we could modify this code to skip the SR doc.)

(If the SR doc is cached at directory mirrors, this will make different relay versions distinguishable, but I don't think we worry too much about that, as relays report their versions.)

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
pgp ABFED1AC
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5

teor at blah dot im
OTR D5BE4EC2 255D7585 F3874930 DB130265 7C9EBBC7