[tor-dev] tor's definition of 'median'

John oneofthem at riseup.net
Tue Aug 11 13:28:57 UTC 2015

I think you are confusing the median with the mean:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean

Taking the median instead of the mean can be beneficial in situations
where you have larger outliers in your data, which typically affect the
mean very much.

-j

Virgil Griffith: