[tor-dev] First release of OnioNS for beta testing

Jesse V kernelcorn at riseup.net
Mon Aug 10 16:12:16 UTC 2015

Thanks Dr. Fu, I look forward to your comments.

From the server log, apparently so far no one has tested the client, though someone has set up a server. I just want to highlight that I have servers up and running so the client and the HS functionality should work out of the box.

For the client, install the software then follow the instructions in the README to integrate it into the Tor Browser. My current approach is to rename the Tor binary from "tor" to "torbin" and then insert a symlink to the onions-tbb executable under the name "tor". Then the onions-tbb software lauches "torbin", "onions-client", and the Stem script in that order, thus allowing all the necessary software to start with the Tor Browser. I have also added some functionality to wait until Tor is fully bootstrapped before launching onions-client and the Stem script, thus this approach is fully compatible with Tor bridges.

Jesse V.