[tor-dev] Future Onion Addresses and Human Factors

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Sun Aug 9 12:48:37 UTC 2015

On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 at 13:29 Alec Muffett <alecm at fb.com> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Ben Laurie <ben at links.org> wrote:
>
> Can I make my usual radical suggestion? By all means discuss, but once
> you've finished deciding what you think is best for humans, please actually
> test your theory. On humans (and that means, not CS students and not
> Mechanical Turk).
>

> Nicely volunteered, Ben! :-)

Well, I did help start an organisation for exactly this kind of thing (i.e.
Simply Secure), so, given a concrete suggestion, I'll see what I can do.

> /me wonders how much ux-testing the “dotted quad” received…

None. I'm sure the justification, had anyone asked (which I doubt) would've
been that dotted quad is not for users. Which is largely true, despite the
fact they're frequently forced to use it.

Doubleplusnotforusers goes for IPv6.