[tor-dev] Tor's default behavior for ed25519 identities

Nick Mathewson nickm at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 4 14:42:59 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 6:55 PM, s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tor 0.2.7.x will support Ed25519 router identities along with the
> traditional 1024-bit RSA ones which will be used simultaneously for
> some time, until we will completely deprecate RSA router identities.

Hi, s7r!

This is an impressive writeup; thanks!

One thing that makes it hard for me to follow this document is that
I'm not sure which parts are describing how things work _now_, and
which parts describe how things _should_ work.  Would it be possible
to split up descriptions of current/revised behavior, and mark each?

many thanks,
--
Nick