[tor-dev] onionoo resource requirements

l.m ter.one.leeboi at hush.com
Mon Apr 27 21:39:19 UTC 2015

Hi Karsten,

>Not sure what frameworks you have in mind.  But I'm happy
>to hear more about frameworks that would make Onionoo
>easier to extend and not perform worse (or even better) than
>now.  If you have something in mind, please say so.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not against the  choice of Java, nor
claiming better choices. I have fond memories of  Java. In particular
I've been working a lot with Django recently. I didn't want to  redo
works that may have already been performed. I was thinking of some
recreational uses of a server. I started looking at the onionoo
documentation and my curiosity was piqued. Precisely because the first
 thing I thought of was reusing a cloned server for, well, a
onionoo-clone.

The JSON formatted files could be used as fixtures  for setup. The two
apps could be run separately as you've already mentioned.

The other development specifics are:
nginx-gunicorn(greenlets/aiohttp)
postgresql-pgbouncer

Is it an experiment worth pursuing? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--leeroy