[tor-dev] Release: obfs4proxy-0.0.5

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Thu Apr 16 18:48:53 UTC 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:03:58 -0400 (EDT)
"Steve Snyder" <swsnyder at snydernet.net> wrote:
> The v0.5 binary is substantially larger than the v0.4 binary (7204KB
> vs.5408KB, both built with Go v1.4.2).
>
> Is this expected behavior with the newer version of obfs4proxy?

Building on linux/amd64 with 1.4.2 I get:

 * 0.0.4 7441792
 * 0.0.5 7424544

If I strip either binary I get something in the 5 MiB range, so that
might be where the difference is coming from, though I would strongly
discourage doing so as it is not something that is supported by the
toolchain developers[0], and if a binary that has been stripped breaks,
I'm not going to do anything about it beyond saying "don't do that".

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel

[0]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=717172