[tor-dev] TOR SoP proposal: extending and improving TOR network anomaly detection

Kibo Schaffer schafk2 at rpi.edu
Tue Apr 14 05:38:54 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm applying for TOR Summer of Privacy. I'm curious if there are any
developers here who are able and willing to become a mentor for this
idea.

I want to improve TOR's ability to detect anomalies such as sybil
attacks, and make it easy to include other heuristics for other
potential attacks. When a potential attack is detected, users and
maintainers are notified (as necessary). There has been research and
development with this field with TorDoctor, exitmap, and
HoneyConnector. However, as far as I am aware, these projects could use
some help being solidified and integrated into TOR.

Please let me know what you think, if you want to suggest any
improvements, and / or if you are a mentor interested in this
idea.

Cheers,
Kibo

[1] TorDoctor -- https://gitweb.torproject.org/doctor.git