[tor-dev] Scaling tor for a global population

M. Ziebell ziebell_marco at posteo.de
Sat Sep 27 19:34:39 UTC 2014

Besides the fact that this could be a great opportunity for tor in many
ways I see two problems we should consider:

- this vastly growth would be "artificial". What happens to all the
  users and servers if they stop supporting the product or close-down?

- IMHO it is a problem if the network expands because the SOME users
  pay for it. Don't get me wrong. I know that many people are willing
  to spend their private money to run tor-relays ... but I know of no
  user who have to pay for it. (Expect torplug, but that is a different
  story)

Possible that I'm getting something completely wrong, but just for the
record!