[tor-dev] Call for a big fast bridge (to be the meek backend)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Thu Sep 18 05:47:49 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-18 07:42, Andreas Krey wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:05:39 +0000, Tom Ritter wrote:
>> A horrible idea Isis and I came up with was standing up two or more
>> tor servers with the same keys, on an anycast-ed IP address.
>
> I don't think anycasted IPs work well with TCP, considering route flapping.

Actually, it works quite fine and it is how quite a large amount of
services are serving users around the world.

Route Flapping does not happen that often, at least not often enough
that it impacts TCP.

Getting a provider to provide an anycasted prefix though, is likely more
problematic than actually getting the code out there and running on a
significant enough number of hosts that it matters.

Greets,
 Jeroen