[tor-dev] tor2web 3.1.20 released!

Giovanni Pellerano giovanni.pellerano at evilaliv3.org
Sun Oct 19 13:35:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

i've released a 3.1.20 version that includes some networking bugfixing
and optimizations.
it also includes the following two new features:

1) with numes we discussed https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web-3.0/issues/157
in past i added a feature in order to update the blocklist of a
tor2web node mergin a remote bloklist.
numes asked for the possibility to replace local blocklist with a
remote one in order to implement different policies.
the result is that we now have two modes for this REPLACE mode and MERGE mode

2) https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web-3.0/issues/158
in globaleaks in past we has the need to ad a TRANSLATION mode of
tor2web to make a single node as a proxy for only a single hidden
service: e.g., demo.globaleaks.org -> demo-HS
now i've added an /etc/hosts like that enable a mapping like the following:
demo.globaleaks.org hiddenservice1.onion
adopter1.demo.globaleaks.org hiddenservice2.onion
adopter2.demo.globaleaks.org hiddenservice3.onion

this would result particular interesting in order to implement
mnemonic names translation for specific hidden services e.g.:
puppetname.tor2web.org antani123.onion

as usual you will find documentation for this at
https://github.com/globaleaks/Tor2web-3.0/wiki/Configuration-Guide and
in /etc/tor2web.conf.example

ciao!

evilaliv3