[tor-dev] Building TOR using Visual Studio

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:01:29 UTC 2014

On 17 Oct 2014, at 23:00 , tor-dev-request at lists.torproject.org wrote:
> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:09:38 +0400
> From: Vladimir <vilgeforce at gmail.com>
> To: tor-dev at lists.torproject.org
> Subject: Re: [tor-dev] Building TOR using Visual Studio
>
> VS2013 if free only in Express version, and Express version is limited:
> doesn't have a profiler, for example. Moreover, there are limitations for
> using Express version, it's written in license.
>
> I'v attached a diff where I changed a code for VS2008 (tested on ubuntu-64
> gcc 4.8.2 too). Also I changed readme: it contained instruction to run
> ./configure, but there's no such file.

Nick, Vladimir,

I just looked over this patch and it looks safe and simple to commit (haven't have a chance to compile it yet though).
The correct order of declaration, asserts, and initialisation / assignment has been preserved in the code.

If we commit this patch, we should probably change the C standard compiler flags to in the autoconf scripts to C89 as well. (Do we set those?)

This would stop any more C99 sneaking in...

teor
pgp 0xABFED1AC
hkp://pgp.mit.edu/
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5