[tor-dev] Patches to improve mobile hidden service performance

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:34:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Michael Rogers <michael at briarproject.org> wrote:
> 2. Added a command to the control protocol to purge any cached state
> relating to a specified hidden service. This command can be used
> before trying to connect to the service to force Tor to download a
> fresh descriptor. It's a more fine-grained alternative to SIGNAL
> NEWNYM, which purges all cached descriptors and also discards circuits.

> I've only done small-scale testing of these patches so far. If they
> seems like they might be useful I'll create a trac ticket to merge them.

I've added a link to this thread to the below ticket. Somewhere
therein I and Qingping were describing need and syntax to
flush/fetch hidden service descriptors via control. For which
your HS descriptor purge may be a useful component. If it
is able to flush both single specified, or all, HS desc's that
could be good semantic so as not to disturb other state. Thanks.

# Allow controllers to retrieve HS descriptors from Tor