[tor-dev] ooniprobe 1.2.0 and oonibackend 1.1.4 are out!
art at torproject.org
Wed Oct 1 14:40:10 UTC 2014
We are very pleased to announce the release of new versions of ooniprobe
One of the most interesting new features that are now part of ooniprobe
is the ability to generate test decks for the country you are in a way
that is much easier than before.
As a matter of fact to start contributing useful measurements it's just
a mater of 5 minutes of setup:
Here are some more details of what this release includes:
* Introduce a new tool for generating ooniprobe test decks called
* Introduce a new tool for updating resources used for geoip lookup and
* Add support for policy aware bouncing in the client.
* Various improvements to the bridge_reachability test
(enable better tor logging and also log obfsproxy)
* Fix backward compatibility with twisted 13.1 and add regression tests
* Add support for specifying the report archive path from config file
* Write tor notice level logs to file
* Fix bug that lead test helpers to not being started
The new packages have been uploaded to pypy and can be found at the
Soon ooniprobe will also be available inside of debian testing thanks to
More information about the tor-dev