[tor-dev] Git hosting changes, git:// support discontinued

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Sun Nov 30 17:48:09 UTC 2014

Hi there, git users!

Today, weasel changed our gitweb setup to use cgit from now on in the
wake of a migration to wheezy. This move hopefully improves speed
without taking away any needed functionality.

At the same time, we've discontinued supporting clones via the git://
Protocol. It is unauthenticated and you probably shouldn't use it if at
all possible. Access via https:// has been provided for years, and
should continue to work without any hiccups.

If there are questions or concerns, let's here them.

Cheers
Sebastian