[tor-dev] Of CA-signed certs and .onion URIs

Adam Shostack adam at shostack.org
Fri Nov 14 21:21:10 UTC 2014

Hi Tom, thanks for the great summary.

I want to comment on one element of your writeup, the hidden service
on box A, webserver on box B.  My weak belief is that this is no
different than the "SSL added and removed here" issue which impacts
many 'secure sites.'

Imposing a requirement that a person must swat away error messages
which may or may not be accurate seems like a good way to train people
to further ignore those messages, or dive into the ratholes of making
it hard to do so.

Adam