[tor-dev] HSDir Auth and onion descriptor scraping - actual stats

Gareth Owen gareth.owen at port.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 11:31:20 UTC 2014

OK. curiosity got the better of me.  I took a random sample of 20,368 HS
descriptors and just 131 were authenticated - that's about 0.6%.

The code I used is here:
https://github.com/drgowen/tor-research-framework/blob/master/src/main/java/tor/examples/HSIsAuthed.java

Best
Gareth

PS - I only took a sample (rather than the whole batch) because each HS
descriptor is in its own file and it takes ages to process - nevertheless,
because of the way its collected the sample should be representative.

--
Dr Gareth Owen
Senior Lecturer

*Office:* BK1.25