[tor-dev] Hidden Service authorization UI

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Sun Nov 9 16:30:09 UTC 2014

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 16:19:24 +0000
Andrea Shepard <andrea at torproject.org> wrote:

> How would Tor Browser learn about this reason for not being able to
> connect/ tell Tor the authentication info?  This is starting to sound
> like wanting SOCKS5 extensions to indicate different causes for
> connection failures in #6031 did.

Well prop 229 is on my todo list, though it's not very high up.  The
last time I spoke to people about this, it seemed like a nice to have
but not massively important sort of thing, but I'd be more than happy
to rearrange things in that department.

Especially as my tenative plans for obfsng (aka obfs6 depending on how
long it gets stuck in design and deployment) involves 1 KiB keys...

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel