[tor-dev] yes hello, internet supervillain here

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Nov 9 05:51:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 10:10:23PM +0000, Fears No One wrote:
> If you have any questions/clarifications, just ask.
[...]
>  All of these files are in the hands of the
> cops anyway (And I have no plans of bringing doxbin back), so there are
> 0 real-time opsec concerns.

Hello Mr. Supervillain,

Can you clarify for us what actually happened to your server and site? A
lot of people have been saying a lot of stuff over the past few days.

In particular, did they seize the actual hardware? Did they put up their
own hidden service using your hidden service key? If both, a) did the
hardware get taken before the hidden service went up, or vice versa?
and b) do you have approximate timestamps of these events? I guess
"c) was there disk encryption" is a fine next question.

(For that matter, *was* there actual hardware, or was this a vm in
somebody else's computer?)

The php elephant does indeed seem like a big issue. But it would be neat
to find a data point here where they had the hidden service key before
they took the hardware.

--Roger