[tor-dev] Damian's Status Report - October 2014
atagar at torproject.org
Wed Nov 5 16:48:48 UTC 2014
I love the beginning of winter. Landscape a chilly tundra, no sun, yet still
no snow to slip on. What I *don't* love, however, is all the sicknesses that
float around. This month has been uncommonly unlucky for me with three
separate bugs making the rounds. No single one was a big whoop, but still
can't say I'm a fan of things making themselves at home in my warm, cozy
Oh well. Enough of that. This month was mostly focused on arm, specifically
rewriting the graph panel. Work here is ongoing, but I hope to have this
section done in November.
Other noteworthy things this month include...
* Stem now has a set of methods to more easily work with hidden services
thanks to federico3 and Patrick . New methods include...
* Addressed OOM issues with DocTor. DocTor uses quite a bit of memory, but the
real trouble was that sending a notification at the end forked, doubling
allocated memory. I addressed this by spawning the mail subprocess earlier,
before we read in descriptor data.
* Couple DocTor patches from Tom Ritter - thanks Tom! 
* Subteam discussions with Karsten and OONI folks accumulating in the
VegasTeam3 wiki . I'm dubious that this will mean much (or anything) in
practice, but we'll see.
* Attended a couple local tech events including TA3M Seattle and Seagl .
* Got promoted at work! This was five years in the making, so I'm pretty
More information about the tor-dev