[tor-dev] RFC: obfs4 (Name not final)

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Thu May 22 02:24:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014 12:22:46 +0000
David Stainton <dstainton415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >   obfs4 is ScrambleSuit with djb crypto.  Instead of obfs3 style
> >   UniformDH and CTR-AES256/HMAC-SHA256, obfs4 uses a combination of
> >   Curve25519, Elligator2, HMAC-SHA256, XSalsa20/Poly1305 and
> >   SipHash-2-4.
>
> Elligator... cool!
>
> >  * Development was done with go1.2.x, older versions of the runtime
> > are not supported.
>
> Did you get your builds to work with the deterministic build system?

Not yet.  While it's important I'm sort of working under the assumption
that it's mostly a solved problem as the scary build process can handle
flashproxy and meek.  I've been a bit more focused on getting the
protocol design and implementation to a point where I feel generally
good about it.

--
Yawning Angel