[tor-dev] Cute Otter == Tahoe-LAFS + Tor?

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Fri May 16 17:17:16 UTC 2014

I think the idea would be to have a web publishing app which doesn't
necessarily expose Tahoe-LAFS to users directly, but rather just has a
"Publish" button which uploads to it. The only user exposure to Tahoe-LAFS
would be that the URLs contain lengthy cryptographic idenitifers (read
capabilities). For instance, this is the URL to a page about the Onion Grid:
http://etg4ersbwhmvoywb.onion/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j7flrry23hfiix55xdakehvayy:pn7wdmukxulpwxc3khdwqcmahdusgvfljjt4gx5oe4z35cyxngga/Latest/index.html
This is certainly not something you'd write on paper and expect users to type
in, whereas the current 80-bit .onion address might be. But, I believe the
hidden service improvements plan includes onion addresses getting a lot longer
anyway, so this loss of typability isn't a unique problem here.

What properties does stormy provide? Can I read about it somewhere?

~leif