[tor-dev] Code review request for bug #9701

Ken Keys kenkeys at comcast.net
Thu May 15 22:10:39 UTC 2014

On 5/15/2014 2:10 PM, michael at schloh.com wrote:
> Hello Ken,

>> >1. Some versions of the SunOS--maybe Solaris too, I'm not sure--had
>> >a provision where you could copy text without any explicit clip board
>> >action. You could just select the text and middle click in the
>> >destination. Will this change break that behavior or are these
>> >systems still supported?
>> >
> I couldn't find any official requirements doc stating that all POSIX
> or certain versions of certain POSIX/LINUX distros are supported.
>
> Regardless of this, I think the highlight and middle click thing
> is a X11 feature. Good idea to bring this up, but since my Linux
> tests included mouse as well as middle click action this probably
> extends to SunOS and other POSIX OSs using X11. Is that your gut
> feeling too? You think we need more testing using real (VM) SunOS
> and other platforms?
I had presumed that the feature was implemented by the window manager
rather than the underlying X11 system. I have never seen it in a Mosaic
(DEC, HP) based system but that doesn't mean they wouldn't support the
feature with the correct settings in various resource files. I'm pretty
ignorant about the various Linux distros. I need to get my Linux box up
and running again. I don't think it would be necessary to test on the
actual OS as long as the feature can be exercised on the test rig. If
the feature is not covered by a test case it wouldn't help to run it on
the actual OS.