[tor-dev] Introduction Points and their rotation periods (was Re: Hidden Service Scaling)

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:03:14 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Michael Rogers
<michael at briarproject.org> wrote:
> However, that might require all three nodes in the circuit to be
> picked from the high-uptime pool.

Can't be certain but I think Phantom picks the entire
circuit and then camps on it till it breaks somewhere.
Their paper might give other views/ideas on such things.

Another thought, the benefits of 'longer' camping
on an entry seem sound to me (you're either safe
or not straight away, vs likely not safe sometime
in the future or even straight away.) Does the EG camp
time come down to estimating the number of EG's in the
environment that are unsafe? Also, if you camp on a whole
circuit your usage is more timeable by a PA who might catch
your tail. So perhaps making the circuit be an anchored
flagellum, farther from the EG, more flipping about.
Sometimes with just a shimmy in the middle.