[tor-dev] fteproxy 0.2.14 released (resolves ticket #11629)

Kevin P Dyer kpdyer at gmail.com
Sun May 11 00:09:13 UTC 2014

Hi George,

I've released version 0.2.14 of fteproxy [1], with corresponding changes
[2] to the Tor Browser. This release addresses ticket #11629 [3], thanks to
Yawning's patch [6].

My changes [2] to the tor-browser-bundle include the following:

- Updated fteproxy to 0.2.14
- Updated obfsproxy to 0.2.9
- Changed versions.nightly tag to "master" for fteproxy and obfsproxy
- The fte python module (the FTE cryptographic primitive) is now a separate
project [4,5] as of fteproxy 0.2.14. This is reflected in the build process.

I've tested these changes and they resolve #11629 on Windows/LInux/OSX.
Would be great if you could test this, too.

As discussed in the PT meeting on Friday, from 0.2.14 I will treat fteproxy
master as stable and perform all development on a separate branch. Changes
that break the tor-browser-bundle will be pushed to master only when there
is a correspond tor-browser update. Hopefully, this should resolve the
issue of fteproxy breaking the nightly TBB build.

Thanks!

-Kevin

[1] https://github.com/kpdyer/fteproxy/releases/tag/0.2.14
[2] https://github.com/kpdyer/tor-browser-bundle