[tor-dev] Revising Proposal 140

Daniel Martí mvdan at mvdan.cc
Thu May 1 16:31:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 09:37:12 -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> I think the only change we'll need for this case is to add URLs for
> the microdescriptor consensus diffs.

Cool.

> This nice thing about this approach is that the client doesn't need to
> know whether the directory supports consensus diffs.  If it does,
> great: it will send a diff.  If not, the directory will ignore the
> X-Or-Diff-From-Consensus header and just send the consensus as before.
>
> Clever idea? Silly idea?

I think it's a neat idea - one less thing to worry about on the client
side. We don't know yet whether keeping multiple consensuses will be of
practical use, but we can always roll back to providing only one
available consensus hash.

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan at mvdan.cc - http://mvdan.cc/
PGP: A9DA 13CD F7A1 4ACD D3DE  E530 F4CA FFDB 4348 041C