[tor-dev] Announcing OnionPy, a Python wrapper for OnionOO

Lukas Erlacher tor at lerlacher.de
Mon Mar 31 10:16:03 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 08:59 AM, Abhiram Chintangal wrote:
>  Lukas,
>
> Looks like I can scrap the Onionoo wrapper that I have been thinking about for weather. Will let you know if I have any questions.
>
> Cheers!
Hi,

for now the wrapper is very thin - it just queries OnionOO and stuffs the data into an object hierarchy.
Here is my plan going forward -
Beyond adding documentation and making the whole thing robust against failure and edge cases, I am also thinking about adding complex queries and aggregation functions where they make sense.
I currently have one "challenge" to get working to exercise the code, which is to find the aggregate bandwidth fraction of relay families.
When I have that I'll take a look at weather and figure out what I need to add to my code to make it convenient to use for weather's usecases.
I will also take a look at the Tor Challenge Karsten mentioned.

Please do let me know if there is anything you need!

Best,
Luke