[tor-dev] GSoC 2014 Txtorcon/stem integration

meejah meejah at meejah.ca
Tue Mar 25 16:50:27 UTC 2014

E M <einnhverr at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't really know the "moving" pace you expect me to have, so I
> safely draft the final/desired proposal in time, so I would appreciate
> if my pace is no up to your expectations, to let me know so I could
> adapt accordingly.

After the weekend is fine. The next deadline, as I understand, is April
5 at which point we (Tor people) need to have all the proposals
ranked. So, your final proposal would need to be ready some time before
that (say, end of March latest) as we need time to put together final
rankings (with many different mentors, etc) before then. We have
something like 32 proposals in the pipeline, way more than can be
accepted.

Although I was involved in GSoC 2013, there were no proposals for the
project so this is my first time, too ;)

I guess in general, this is a bit like a job interview and a bit like a
contest? As in: since not all the proposals we have are going to be
accepted, the more you can make yours stand out, the better I'd say.

Thanks,
meejah