[tor-dev] Tor integration into CACHeCoin

Rémi remi.py at yandex.com
Fri Mar 21 12:43:02 UTC 2014

Certainly more useful than using Tor would be to use zero knowledge
proofs (zerocoin) in your coin.

"help the TOR network by keeping up the nodes" That would require the
nodes to be stable (run for multiple days without stop) relay nodes that
contribute bandwith. This is not what a typical Tor client does and
probably not something for desktop computers.

To integrate Tor without it being a relay you can run a Tor client and
configure your coin client to use a socks proxy 127.0.0.1:9050

But really if you want a more anonymous coin you should go zerocoin style.

Good luck.