[tor-dev] GSoC - Search Engine for Hidden services

Juha Nurmi juha.nurmi at ahmia.fi
Mon Mar 17 16:12:03 UTC 2014

>>> Also, are you sure that 1-3 workdays are sufficient to design &
>>>  implement a banned domain synchronizer between tor2web and
>>> ahmia?
>>
>> Well, I cannot know that. Let's put one workweek for that. I am
>> hoping to spend a workday or two with Tor2web and we get it
>> done.
>>

> How is ahmia going to communicate with tor2web? Will the connection
> be authenticated? How will you block bad people from adding their
> own stuff to your blacklist?

One way to solve this is to download a list of working Tor2web nodes
from the github. These nodes are added manually to the github. After
that I can download the information from the nodes everyday. On the
other hand, Tor2web software can download the list of the banned
domains from ahmia.fi. This is one easy way to handle the information
exchange.