[tor-dev] GSoC 2014 : Rewrite Tor Weather

Sreenatha Bhatlapenumarthi sreenatha.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 21:13:09 UTC 2014

Hi there!

I am Sreenatha(lucyd). I am interested in working on Tor Weather this
summer as a part of GSoC 2014.

I helped Damian migrate weather to stem(#8264) last summer and have been
following the work on it's rewrite. I made an attempt to further this by
writing
a couple of python scripts.

1. Relay Search using Onionoo : A python script[0] that uses onionoo's
search
    functionality to find relays with specific fingerprint/nickname/IP
address. For
    now, I've used a global variable to store the search results for better
performance
    in case of a repeated query. Once the database structure for the new
weather is
    confirmed, I'll modify it accordingly. Feedback on this is much
appreciated.

2. Patch for #9889 : I've also submitted a patch[1] for #9889 that checks
if a given
    relay qualifies for a t-shirt.

I'd really appreciate if you could take a look at my work and suggest
possible
improvements or provide some advice regarding the project in general.

Cheers,
Sreenatha

[0] - https://github.com/lucyd/weather-rewrite/blob/master/search_relay.py
[1] - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9889#comment:3