[tor-dev] HTTP-requesting browser extension WIP (works in Firefox, not in Tor Browser)

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Tue Mar 11 21:22:37 UTC 2014

On 3/10/14, 11:23 PM, David Fifield wrote:
> I started trying to write a Firefox extension that makes HTTP requests
> outside of the proxy settings. I have one that works in Iceweasel 24.3
> and does the Host header trick used by the transport. However it doesn't
> work in Tor Browser, and I'm looking for some insight as to why it might
> be so.
>
> The source code of the extension is in the "firefox" directory of
> 	git clone -b extension https://www.bamsoftware.com/git/meek.git
> Instructions on how to try it are: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Building_an_Extension#Test.
> I also pasted the important JavaScript code at the end of this message.

I looked at this for a few minutes but ran out of time for today.

When I dump aStatus in your onStopRequest function, I get 2152398890
which is 0x804B002A which is NS_ERROR_UNKNOWN_PROXY_HOST (see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Table_Of_Errors).

I am not sure what that means but it sounds interesting.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent