[tor-dev] Mockup for a hidden services publishing tool

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Mon Mar 10 10:49:29 UTC 2014

Matt Pagan:
> Before I get much further with this idea, is this project worth
> pursuing at all?

You should have a look at APAF:
https://apaf.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

It is able to configure new hidden services through a web interface, but
even better, it is meant to setup both a Hidden Service and a piece of
software serving things at the same time.

> Do you think this tool has potential to function as a
> point-click-publish hidden services software?

IMO, no. If we want “point-click-publish”, we need to have the
publishing software configure Tor.

Unless you are a network administrator, you don't care about ports. You
don't care about internal IP addresses. You just want to say: “I want to
make a blog available”; and have the software reply: “Done, it's at:
idnxcnkne4qt76tg.onion. Spread the address around.” I should not need to
know anything else.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>