[tor-dev] Fwd: Run a Small Tor Network for a Research

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jun 24 11:59:48 UTC 2014

On 24/06/14 12:55, Soroosh Sardari wrote:
> I want to run a small tor network with only 3 node, entry, router, and exit
> node.
> Also I want to set this three nodes in the client node without using
> directory server.

https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#PrivateTorNetwork

Running without a directory server won't work, and you also cannot
define in which position your nodes will be used (except for the exit
position where you can simply reject *:*).

Maybe start by going through Chutney's README, set up one of the
provided network topologies, and modify it until it does what you want.

All the best,
Karsten