[tor-dev] GSoc update #2 - Stegotorus security enhancement

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Tue Jun 24 04:55:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 21:04:25 -0500
Noah Rahman <selimthegrim at gmail.com> wrote:

> - implemented the Elligator handshake on a circuit level. I need to
> look into implementing it on a connection level to add greater
> security, as well as adding OCB encryption (does anyone know for sure
> whether this is in OpenSSL now? I can't seem to find out)

As far as I know, "no, it is not".  Even if it were, depending on it to
be present would probably be a bad idea as there are systems in the
wild that ship older versions of OpenSSL.

Rogaway's page has a link to Krovetz's implementation that can use
OpenSSL for certain internals, it would probably be easiest to look at
that, and use it if suitable.

Out of curiosity, from what I have seen of the code, there's already
code that uses GCM, I'm sort of curious as to why you believe OCB would
be better.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel