[tor-dev] [GSoC 2014] Revamp GetTor status report #2
israel.leiva at usach.cl
Sat Jun 21 01:36:58 UTC 2014
This is my second status report for the Revamp GetTor GSoC project. I'll
summarize my progress since the first report. For more details feel free to
ask, or if you have any comments, please tell me.
* Implemented a script that interacts with Dropbox.
* Integrated the dropbox script with GetTor's core module. Now it's
possible to automatically upload bundles from a local directory to dropbox
and write its download urls to a specific file, which is used by the Core
module to obtain links for a certain operating system and locale (e.g.
linux-en). The current dropbox.links was generated by dropbox.py, and if
you run core_demo.py (with 'linux' and 'es') it will get you those links.
* Added logging within the Core module, with one general file (all logs)
and separated log files for each level.
* Started a discussion  about sending links without SSL. I didn't get
many answers. My mentors and I agreed to stay with HTTPS links only.
Goal(s) until next report:
* Do some cleaning, better error detection and better documentation for
the current code.
* Finish some minor stuff pending on the current code.
* Hava a basic SMTP or XMPP module working with the Core module.
You can check my progress on  and . That's all for now. Have a nice
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-dev