[tor-dev] Tor Cloud maintenance - Question

Runa A. Sandvik runa.sandvik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:55:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Sina Rabbani <sina at redteam.net> wrote:
> Dear Team,

Hi,

> I started building new images for Amazon EC2, as of last night.
> I noticed that obf2 and obf3 ports are hard-coded and the same for
> all Tor instances on Amazon.
>
> Is there a specific reason for this? If not, can I randomize the ports?

Users need to create a security group in the EC2 web interface and
specify which ports their instances will be using. If you randomize
the ports used by the Tor Cloud instances, users will have no idea
which ports to open.

Also, you can drop obfs2 now and just implement support for normal
bridges and obfs3. In a few weeks, you should be able to add
scramblesuit and one other transport as well.

--
Runa A. Sandvik