[tor-dev] Proposal for improving social incentives for relay operators

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Wed Jun 11 19:03:45 UTC 2014

> Also, theconcept of naming authorities is about to be phased out [1], so

> better not build new services that rely on nicknames.

Karsten I love you.  Not only do you have fine ideas, you are the greatest
feedback provider in the world.

Agreed 100%.  Replace key-by-nickname with key-by-fingerprint.

Not crazy about having a a separate Torati name space, but meh, you do what
you have to.  Maybe make the nicknames a version 2.0 feature.  (Could
always make a namespace integration with google+!  Har.)

> Okay.  See Andrew's concerns about avoiding words having "Tor" in them.

I will find a name that doesn't explicitly invoke Tor.

-V