[tor-dev] [Tor2web] Proposal for improving social incentives for relay operators

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Jun 10 22:05:19 UTC 2014

Hi Virgil,

I think a modified atlas that has a better top relay list and plays with
various (non-financial) gamification concepts is long due. When you look
at BOINC/SETI, it can work well. I agree that by simply interfacing with
onionoo (plus probably some aggregation of data), you can generate a
nice set of views that "give back warm and fuzzy feelings" and
"encourage competition". Diversity should be factored in, something that
we already do partly for the Torservers reimbursements.

I guess $someone should just go ahead and implement something. Hosting
it on some third party domain doesn't hurt, and if it is great, we can
still discuss moving it to something.tpo.org.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/