[tor-dev] [GSoC 2014] Revamp GetTor: Send HTTP links for downloading TBB

Israel Leiva israel.leiva at usach.cl
Tue Jun 10 17:45:35 UTC 2014

> Hello Israel,

Hi Michael.

> How do you qualify 'difficult?' Is this a duration matter or are
> there timeouts and repeated stream downloads? Is it a financial
> (money per megaoctet) problem for the users?

Actually, this is how Nima described it, giving Iran as an example. I don't
have further information on what this implies.

> Do you have statistics of how many users have a good versus bad
> experience and just how much lowering the bar to HTTP would make
> a difference in this regards?

I don't have any statistics regarding this matter. I was hoping people on
this ML could contribute with real data and/or examples.

> Sorry for so many questions, I'm not in the 'difficult' category
> so have no idea.

No problem, I'm not in this category either, and asking these questions is
certainly helpful.

Good choice, I hope you get the answer you're looking for.

Thanks!

--
israel