[tor-dev] Python ExoneraTor

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Sun Jun 8 23:26:44 UTC 2014

Oh, and another quick thought - you once mentioned that a descriptor
search service would make ExoneraTor obsolete, and in looking it over
I agree. The search functionality ExoneraTor provides is trivial. The
only reason it requires such a huge database is because it's storing a
copy of every descriptor ever made.

I suspect the actual right solution isn't to rewrite ExoneraTor at
all, but rather develop a new service that can be queried for this
descriptor data. That would make for a *much* more worthwhile project.

ExoneraTor? Nice to have. Descriptor archive service? Damn useful. :)