[tor-dev] [GSoC] Consensus Diffs - First report

Daniel Martí mvdan at mvdan.cc
Sun Jun 8 08:19:13 UTC 2014

I forgot a couple of things:

* My code is on github at the moment: https://github.com/mvdan/tor_sample

This repo contains client.c, the code sample I used for my application,
and server.c, what I am currently doing as part of the timeline.

* stats/stats.go in that same repo

This is a chunk of code I wrote last month to try and get approximate
numbers on how would consensus diffs affect the users. Following
proposal 140, we wanted to see for how long would they be useful, how
much transfer would be saved and if it would make sense to keep
nonrunning routers in consensuses for a number of hours.

I stopped writing stats.go because it was all approximated and not
really of much use. I thought I'd continue it once the server side
algorithm is done, at which point we can have exact numbers on how much
the diffs will weigh. And then the stats will be of use to decide on the
matters above.

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan at mvdan.cc - http://mvdan.cc/
PGP: A9DA 13CD F7A1 4ACD D3DE  E530 F4CA FFDB 4348 041C