[tor-dev] orbot: get its ports from another app

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Tue Jul 29 19:19:30 UTC 2014

On 07/29/2014 03:03 PM, CJ wrote:

> I'm currently developping orwall, a UI over iptables allowing to block
> all IP traffic and forcing selected apps through Orbot (while blocking
> the others), among other things.
>
> I'm wondering if there's a way to ask Orbot, if installed, its SOCKS and
> TransPort configuration.
> I think NetCipher lib may do it, but I'm not that sure.

This feature is underway. You can add a ticket on Github or via our dev
tracker: https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/onionkit

For most users, it will be default (9040, 9050, etc), but its definitely
possible that people can change them, especially if they have the
dreaded Samsung Link conflict.

As for the implementation, it will simply be an Intent you send to Orbot
and it will respond with the values.

+n