[tor-dev] Email Bridge Distributor Interactive Commands

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:43:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 04:16:44PM +0000, harmony wrote:
> Nima Fatemi <nima at riseup.net>:
> >
> > I think "bridges" works just fine for "vanilla bridges" and I want to
> > take the opportunity to +1 Philipp's idea on looking for keywords
> > instead of commands, regardless of how they're phrased.
>
> Help desk frequently sees bridge keywords in other
> (supported/unsupported) languages, like 'pol' and 'spisok mostov', that
> were obviously intended for the BridgeDB mailer. I think 'pol' should
> return obfs3 bridges (for Iranians), not sure about other defaults.
>
> Does this sound like a useful thing to do?

Yes, but this does make parsing the emails more difficult, perhaps we
can simply ask translators to translate the respective tokens and then
the email distributor checks each of them. It seems that we may make
some people sad if we only do this for some users. Adding this will
probably be non-trivial, though :(

Thanks for the idea!