[tor-dev] Email Bridge Distributor Interactive Commands

Israel Leiva israel.leiva at usach.cl
Thu Jul 24 20:01:34 UTC 2014

Hi.

I support what Philipp and Nima say about keywords. The given commands
surely look simple for technical users, but what about non-technical users?
If the purpose of the distributor is to give info, and you're already
filtering emails to *try* to avoid fake requests (correct if i'm wrong),
then you may assume that if somebody sends you an email is because he/she
is requesting for info, and if the email contains "bridges", it's quite
possible he/she wants bridges, right? You could, for example, filter for
"transport" (ignoring case) and send a reply with info for all types,
explaining what they do, and let the user decide which one to use. You
could also send both ipv4 and ipv6 IPs when requesting bridges. And why not
sending a public key link in all the replies (except help)? IMHO, this
reduces the effort on the user side (this is how we're doing it on the
revamp GetTor project).

best,

israel