[tor-dev] Email Bridge Distributor Interactive Commands

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Thu Jul 24 10:16:47 UTC 2014

isis wrote:
> Do you have a better suggestion for what to call "vanilla bridges"?

   I keep calling them standard bridges (as opposed to fancy,
monocle-wearing bridges).  People seem to understand immediately that
other types of bridges are special somehow if I call
regular/vanilla/non-obfs bridges Standard.  And then I explain how obfs
bridges and flashproxy are used in different circumstances.

   Also, I vote that we ditch the 'obfs' name from obfs5 and beyond in
favor of 'crypto-voltron.'  This will also make user education 40% more
awesome.

   As an aside, I'm happy that 'huggable transports' [1] is a thing now
:D

best,
Griffin

[1] https://twitter.com/abditum/status/431665969627672576