[tor-dev] [GSoC 2014] Revamp GetTor status report #4

Israel Leiva israel.leiva at usach.cl
Sat Jul 19 03:53:25 UTC 2014

Hi all!

This is my fourth status update for the Revamp GetTor GSoC project.
I'll summarize what I've done. If you have any doubts/comments please
tell me.

Progress:

 [*] Fixed pending issue on the dropbox module: Add fingerprint of key
that signed the bundles. This had me stuck for a while, mainly because
a misconception I had about signatures.

 [*] Minor modifications in the Core module.

 [*] SMTP module almost complete: it can successfully process an
email, figure out what is asking (links for certain OS, help) and in
what language. It sends back a reply in that language. There are some
error checks pending. Unfortunately, I couldn't test the above on a
real mail server, but the process to do so is pretty straightforwar,
so it shouldn't mean trouble. For now it shows replies on screen.

 [*] Created basic .po files for the messages sent via the SMTP
module. Sample versions available in english and spanish.

Goals until next bi-weekly report:

 [+] Add proper error checking on SMTP module, as well as to try to
avoid code reuse between the Core and SMTP modules.

 [+] Work on possibly-definitive replies (.po files).

 [+] Have a functional XMPP module.

As always, you can check what's been done on
https://github.com/ileiva/gettor/tree/master/src

Have a nice weekend!

Best,

--